Contributing to this website
When you upload photos, text or any other media content to Blackburn Fire History, you retain the copyright in your contribution. As you still retain your copyright, you can continue to use your content as you like, including the ability to also allow others to use it.
However, by contributing to the site, you agree that the Blackburn Fire History project and any future partner or individual that it deems appropriate, are allowed to use your contribution for whatever purpose they deem reasonable. By agreeing to these terms, you also allow others to use your material to share it, copy it, distribute it and/or transmit it, as long as the user attributes the work, the work is used for Non-Commercial purposes and the work is not altered or transformed.
- When you share material with Blackburn Fire History, you must only share your own original content or content which you are sure does not infringe the copyright of third parties.
- If your content clearly identifies anyone else you will need to ensure that they have consented to the content being used by the Blackburn Fire History project for the purposes for which you submitted it and/or any other uses by Blackburn Fire History . Where your content clearly identifies children under the age of 16 you must ensure that their parent or guardian has provided the consent set out above.
- Blackburn Fire History is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- The editors may alter the text of material accepted for publication for the sake of clarity, without the author being notified.
- Digital versions of images submitted with the story may need to be cropped by the editors to facilitate the creation of thumbnails. This cropping will be done with sensitivity to the subject of the image.
- Blackburn Fire History reserves the right to reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations.
- Blackburn Fire History cannot accept contributions of a commercial, marketing or advertising nature. We will, however, accept editorial content from commercial organisations (for example, the memories of a shop owner).
Use of material
All the content available on this website is free of charge to users under the following conditions:
- The licence granted to you to reproduce content permits the incorporation of material from the web site, with due acknowledgement of the copyright holder and the web site, into any non-commercial, personal research, instructional or presentational compilation for private or educational use, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. This includes use on an educational intranet restricted to non-commercial users.
- The names, marks and logos identifying this website, or third parties are proprietary marks of these organisations and may not be reproduced without their prior written permission.
Hyperlinking to this website: You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. We do not object to your linking directly to the information that is hosted on our site.
Hyperlinking from this website: We are not responsible for the content or reliability of any linked websites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
Virus Protection Awareness
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material downloaded from this website.
Quality & Fitness for Purpose: the content of this web site is provided for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation, the website and material relating to third party information, products and services, is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of accuracy, reliability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Site visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
Copyright: every effort has been made to locate copyright holders of material included on this website in order to obtain their permission to publish it. However, if any visitor considers material to be their copyright, please email the website with details together with any supporting documents.
Data Protection: by its nature, this web site contains a large amount of personal information. It is our prime concern to ensure that we operate within the confines of the Data Protection Act. If you feel any of the data on this site causes or is likely to cause substantial damage or distress to you or any other living person, please contact us with specific details.
Service: we do not warrant that the functionality of this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of the website.
Links: This website is not responsible for the contents or reliability of other websites linked to from our pages and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Endorsement: This website does not necessarily endorse the views of those people submitting material for publication on the website.