Many books were kept for posterity some intentionally and others by accident .These are samples taken from the welfare minutes of 1904 , they describe the intention to play a competitive game of football for the orphans charity, the teams would be a police eleven and a police fireman team. The team for the firemen here listed here as PC’s F. Sudell , Birtwistle , Hamilton , Jones , Currie , Brew , Pollard , Duxbury , Brunskill , Crook , Atkinson , Barnes , Prescott , Forrest , Adams , Entwistle , Rostron , Pattison and Cayton
1904 Is This The Earliest Orphanage Cup Game?
taken from the minutes of welfare meetings at blackburn station
Curry. Matthew (1)
Pollard. James (1)
This page was added by stephen brown on 01/04/2016.
- A.F.S Exercise In Great Harwood
- A.F.S Guard Of Honour
- A.R.P Auxiliary Firemen Form A Club
- A.R.P. Training In Blackburn
- A.R.P.’s Many Blackburn A.F.S. Volunteer
- Ambulance House
- Blackburn A.F.S., Mayor And Importance Of It’s Work
- Burnley A.F.S Get Training
- Calling All Cars, A Film About The Courtesy Police
- Certificate ,Completion Of Training As Auxiliary Fireman
- Changes To Burnley Fire Brigade
- Darwen Fire Engine Hearse
- Fire Bobby Mark Pattison’s Ongoing Career
- Fire Service Changes For War
- Former Police And Fire Chief Passes Away
- From Police To Army
- Harry Entwistle Retires
- I Didn’t Know That Why Was there A Garage ?
- Lancashire Fire Brigades Friendly Society Awards At Lytham
- M.P. Shows Interest In A.F.S.Equipment
- Malicious fire calls.
- New Fire Srvice Uniforms For A.F.S.
- Santa Claus Among The Sandbags
- Scouts Visit Blackburn Fire Station